Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, May 27, 2016

"Cracker Barrel" layout

Happy Friday and happy long weekend. What are your plans for this Memorial Day weekend? Are you honoring someone that fought for our rights to freedom? Are you starting the summer season with some BBQ/grilling? Or are you going to chill and do some creating? Whatever it is, I'm sure that you are like me, I will be documenting this year's activities through photos and stories. 

For today's share, I'm showing off a page I created with a scrap challenge over at Scrapbook.com. If you are not a member there yet (it's free BTW) then you should. There are lots of inspirations, free classes, discussion boards to jump into and of course shopping. I've been lucky to have won some and it's always fun to get something "scrappy" in the mail. 

Anyways, the twist for the challenge was to use small scraps. I have been hoarding some paper strips for a while now, you know those ones that come with the paper bar code in the back, and I wanted to bash that stash. Or at least make a dent in it. 

I was inspired by one of my fave scrappers, Paige Evans for this page. I just added the strips as a frame for my photos and then added a few accents, my title and then journaling. This page actually didn't take me that long.

Now if you notice, my angles on my paper strips are not perfect. That can be a total frustration to some, but for me, I'm not really bothered by it. I love the look, the fact that I tried something new and used my scraps so over all I'm pretty happy with this page.

I also used three epoxy stickers from my Cedar Lane sticker sheet. They don't quite match the theme but I wanted to use up the sheet so they found a home in this page.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a comment on how you use your scraps on your papercrafting project, I'd love to know.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: