Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, January 16, 2015

Card share- January

Happy Friday! I love making scrapbook pages. They are what drives me to continue playing with paper. But I have to admit that one of my favorite parts of papercrafting is going through my scraps and what is leftover after I create a page and make a card (or two) with it. Here are two cards that I was able to "whip up" after making a few pages...

Birthday Wishes card
Two of my favorite card themes to create are a. Thank you cards, and b. birthday cards. You can never have too many of them. This time I wanted to add to my birthday card stash. I used some leftover papers and used some new (to me) black stickers on this card. I also added some flowers, rhinestones and twine to add texture to the card.



Happy Birthday card (with flowers)
This one also started with scraps of paper and then I used the same black stickers that I used in the first card to spell out my sentiment. I had this one itty bitty piece of green glitter paper that I placed on the top of my card but it looked kinda lonely so I went to my flower stash, added some and then finished it off with some homemade enamel dots in hot pink color.

As you can see they are two different colored cards (one's a little muted and another super bright) but using somewhat the same sketch and lots of leftover scraps.

I hope this inspired you to use your scraps to make cards that will sure brighten anyone's day.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: