Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Denver Botanical Garden mini *Inspired By Stamping*

Hello friends. So the kids are now back in school and you have the time to document those vacation photos. Well I'm here to share with you one of the ways I document travel photos. If you're like me, there are TONS of pictures from one trip. I just can't help myself, I want to be able to capture all of the memories from that trip so I get a little "trigger" happy with my camera. About three years ago we took a day trip to a nearby botanical garden. They were having a "free admission" day and we couldn't pass it up. When I printed my photos, I had over 12 images to document and I knew that a double page layout wouldn't be enough room for all of it so I decided to make a mini album instead. Here's the finished book...

denverbotanicalgardenmini
 

I started with an old board book that I had cut out the inside pages into thinner strips to have an accordion style mini.
   inspired by stamping

I then covered each page with pattern paper, added my photos and then used the IBS Fancy Labels dies 3 to create some unique labels to add my stamped words and images. Here's a collage of what the finished book looked like, inside and out....

  inspired by stamping1

I hope this project inspired you to document those travel photos soon. Recycle a board book and see what you come up with. -Grace

  clip_image013.jpg

clip_image013_thumb.jpg

clip_image018_thumb.jpg

Others: Pattern papers (Basic Grey); Chipboard butterflies (Studio Calico); Pearl stickers (Recollections); Letter stickers (American Crafts); Ink (Tsukineko, American Crafts); Pen (Millennium, Zig); Embossing powder (Hampton Arts)

No comments: