Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Altered Jewelry Frame *Ribbons Unlimited Inc.*

Hello ribbon friends. One of the things on my “to make” list is a jewelry organizer. I’ve seen various kinds in Pinterest and decided to go with a frame one.  I found a frame that had a nice edge/frame to it at the thrift store and knew that it would be a perfect base for my project. With the help of some grosgrain ribbon fromRibbon’s Unlimited Inc., my project came together in a snap and with lots of personality. Read on to see how I created my frame.

Instructions:
1. First step was to paint the frame. At first I decided to hand paint it with a brush and acrylic paint. But because my frame has many intricate parts, it was hard to give it a good overall coverage. So I bought a small can of spray paint and then painted it brown instead of my original idea of apple green. 

 2. While the paint is drying, I worked on the center of the frame. I measured the inside part of the frame and cut a piece of cardboard to fit.

3. Then I found this chicken wire paper from my stash and adhered it to my cardboard backing. I trimmed off the excess using a craft knife.

 4. Then I laid my ribbon diagonally onto my board and started cutting them at an angle.

5. I repeated the same process with the ribbons going on the opposite direction and cut the trims to my desired length.  

6. Next I laid the ribbons, weaving them through each other to create the cross pattern and then hot glued the ends to the back of the cardboard. 

7. I then adhered the cardboard to the existing frame backing with some more hot glue and it was ready to be used. 

 Here’s some more close up of the project….


Thank you for joining me today and happy creating.
-Grace

Supplies Used:
#995Grosgrain stripes, Yellow, 3/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Frame- Thrift store
Pattern paper- Hambly Screen Prints
Spray paint- Krylon
Others- Cardboard, Hot glue gun



No comments: