Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, April 30, 2014

That Smile layout *Inspired By Stamping*

Hello there crafty friends. I know this project is a bit different from all the floral themed projects you've seen in this blog this month. I have loved using the new releases but I was also itching to use some bold colors on my next project and for that I veered slightly away from the floral accents. Instead, I had put together a layout featuring "arrows" and LOTS of it! Thankfully IBS is so versatile in it's stamps sets that I was able to pull out different sets to complete my "arrow" designs.
that smile layout
As I was going through some pictures recently, I came across these four images of my daughter hamming it up in front of the camera while we were enjoying a day at the beach a few years ago. I loved her happy disposition and it reminded me that there's never any stress in life that can't be handled with a little laugh and a whole lotta smiling!
that smile layout-001
Because the design of the page is mainly geometric, I decided to play with the arrow stamps to create two blocks that added some design to the page. I also made the ends of the arrow to point to my photos directing the viewer's eyes to my images. After that I added one of my favorite sentiments from the new Sweet Pea stamp set which was released last month.
that smile layout-002
With a some papers, twine and stickers to add dimension, the page was complete. For my stamped arrows, I got the color combination from my daughter's bathing suit, making the arrows blend well with the photos.
that smile layout-003
I initially added white paint to the edges of my background papers but after some thought, I decided to stamp some more of the arrow design (with red ink) on the edges of my orange paper to give it more design and interest.
that smile layout-004
I added the round circles with foam adhesive to give it a little bit of a boost. I also placed them in three different parts of my page so that I am able to create a visual triangle with this project.
So there you have it. I hope this project inspired you to gather some of your similar stamps and put them together to create your own background paper.
Happy Creating,
Grace
 
Inspired-by-Stamping_thumb.png
Stamps- Sweet Pea,Inspired By Stamping
Arrows ,Inspired By Stamping
Background Basic Lines ,Inspired By Stamping
Chalkboard Birthday ,Inspired By Stamping
Papers and stickers- BoBunny
Twine- The Twinery
Pen- Millennium, Zig
Others- Paint, Ink pads, Adhesive

No comments: