Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Some pictures from our January

Hello friends. I have noticed that this blog is being bombarded my crafty projects. It's not a bad thing but I'm sure the family (near and far) would like to see what we've been up to. So today I've decided to share a sampling of the photos that I've taken in the month of January. This is not all of them and to be honest, I've already missed a few days, making it seem like Project 365 for this year is another failure. But I'm not going to dwell on the negative and instead share you what's been "photo" worthy in our home as this time...

January equals new beginning/start for me so in the beginning of this month I photographed a random but "regular" thing that happens in this house...changing out of toothbrushes.

I was craving some burgers a few weeks ago and happened to score a pack of turkey burger patties on clearance at our local grocery store so I made some turkey burgers for dinner complete with homemade hamburger bun, turkey bacon and other yummy goodness!

Marcus lost a tooth earlier this month as well. It happened while he was flossing and the tooth just fell out! You can just imagine how excited he was to go to sleep that night so he can get his "prize" from the tooth fairy.

Just before school started up again, we had some good snowy days. The kids found some slopes in our backyard where they can use their sleds and have a little "snowy" fun. I love the expressions on their faces!


Another thing we did to "pass the time" during winter break was to play board games. On this particular night we played Sorry. :)

Another food photo. Lately I've been experimenting in the kitchen, trying to use up leftover items or things that we've had in the pantry for a while. Tonight I made my own dimsum soup using some potstickers purchased at Costco, bokchoy and ramen noodles. The family loved it and that means I need to write down the recipe so I can make it again.

I got a deep fryer for Christmas so we tried to make some homemade french fries this month. It turned out good but of course, there's room for improvement. I'm still searching for a good beginner's recipe for donuts. That's what I want to use my deep fryer for next. Any suggestions?

And finally a pic of me working hard at my homework. It's back to school for me as well and I'm excited to learn more about families in the two classes I'm taking this semester.

So there you have it. A little glimpse of how our January is shaping up to be. I have a lot more stories to tell but for now, this is all I can share. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Christy Smith said...

How fun! I love the snow pictures and it looks like you were quite the master chef this month. :) You'll have to pass along the dimsum soup recipe - it looks delicious!