Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, January 24, 2014

Scrapbooking with Ipod photos

Happy Friday. Lately I've been thinking about how to use the photos that I've taken with my Ipod touch in my scrapbook pages. I know that since they have a small file size that when I print it out, it has to be smaller than a 4x6 so it won't look pixel-y. After some trial and error, I found that a 2x2 or 2x 2 1/2 size was the perfect fit for them. Here are two layouts that I made recently that features some of my Ipod photos...

Food and Fun
Having my images small has it's advantages. Since I had a lot of photos for our Father's day celebration last year, I was able to fit all of them in a 12x12 layout because of the image size. 


I did notice that the quality of the images is not the best. Some of them lack the quality that even when I try to "fix" them up in Photoshop, it just doesn't work. But I'm ok with that. My philosophy has always been that it's better to have "not so good looking images but captures the moment" than "pictures that are aesthetically spot on but doesn't really tell the story."

I made my own Polaroid frame by cutting out a square inside this paper, rounding the corners and adding stitching on the inside frame.


The Two of Us
Having small photos also allows me to make some pattern paper shine on my page. With this layout, I used a grid design and cut out papers to create a quilt like background. I then matted my two photos with white cardstock and then adhered them with foam dots to make them stand out against the busy background.

I used my Cameo to create part of my title and the hearts. I love having perfectly shaped images cut out from my die cut machine. That was something I never really got from the Cricut.


To make the yellow die cut letters stand out better, I highlighted it with black pen.

So now it's your turn. What have you done with your phone photos? Send me a link so I can check it out. I love gathering inspiration from fellow crafters.

Note: Most of the products used on both layouts are from Lily Bee Design.

Have a great weekend.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: