Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, December 30, 2013

Latest published page.....and the end of an era

Hi there blog friends. Hope you all had a great Christmas with family and friends. We had a quiet Christmas. A different take on this special celebration from the years past. I was a bit homesick but after being able to do so many new traditions with the family that day, it turned out to be one of my most favorite way of celebrating Christmas. 

Speaking of Christmas, have you seen the latest issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine? I am very honored to have had a digital layout published in the Nov/Dec. 2013 issue


as seen in the Creating Keepsakes Nov/Dec 2013 issue
This issue of Creating Keepsakes is a bit bittersweet for me. In one hand, I'm honored to be part of their final print issue and on the other hand, I am very sad that indeed, this is the end of an era; the era of having print magazines geared specifically for scrapbooking has come to a close. A few months back, CK had made the announcement that they were no longer going to offer their magazine in print, rather they were teaming up with sister magazine Paper Crafts to create a new digital only magazine starting Jan. 2014. It will include all sorts of papercrafting projects and ideas like cards, layouts and altered items.

I feel like this whole industry is shifting to a direction that I'm not totally ready to follow. I'm still a "traditional" type of scrapper and love learning about products, seeing new techniques and gathering inspiration from flipping through a magazine. I will miss folding the bottom of the pages so I can "bookmark" ideas and layouts that I would like to scrap lift. I don't have anymore magazines to take to doctors appointment, the park, or anywhere I will have to be waiting on something or someone. I know that change is inevitable, but I'm still on the fence on this one.

What about you? What's your thoughts on this? I'm curious. Maybe if most of us speak loud, there might be a resurgence to "the way things were".

One could hope!

Till next time,
Grace

4 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Congrats on being published. So sad they are no longer to offer this magazine in print. At least that makes this one more special.

Mary Ellyn said...

I'm with you. The loss of traditional magazines saddens me deeply. I resist anything "digital" when it comes to scrap booking as I work on a computer all day and like to feed my creativity with hands-on traditional scrap booking. I understand that some people like to go all "digital" but some don't - why can't we still have both? I don't like viewing magazines online at all, so for all the magazines that have switched to this approach - you have lost me as a subscriber/reader.

Grace Tolman said...

thank you Anne.
I totally agree with you Mary Ellyn. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that's not liking this shift.

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations Grace!! Being published ~ Wow!! Your Gingerbread House is awesome and what a great layout! Sure wish Creating Keepsakes would continue to publish their magazine!!