Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Die Versions November Release projects

Hello there crafty friends. I know this is kinda late since we are already in November but it's always 'better late than never' right? Here are the projects I created for Die Versions for the month of November. We had "winter" dies and it was so fun incorporating them in my layout and cards...

Winter Wonderland layout
Size: 12x 24”

Featuring:
Snow Flurries- Wee Petites (DVP-004)
Let it snow- Fancy Sentiments (DVFS-001)
Snow Angel- Enhanced Spots (DVES-002
Wonderland- Express Edge (DVE-042)
Snowman- Sweet Petites (DVP-101)

One of my favorite ways to use the Express Edge word dies is to make them into titles for my pages. In this layout, I added some letter stickers to spell out “winter” which completed my title “winter wonderland”. I added the letter stickers over the white space of my photo to make it stand out better in the page.
I just so happen to have a stamp set called “build a snowman” by Inspired by Stamping and the snowman image stamps worked perfectly with the snowman die. I added the eyes and mouth with the stamp and then wrapped some twine over the body of the snowman to add more dimension. I adhered them with foam adhesive onto the page. 

 Let It Snow Card
Size: 5 ½ x 4 ¼”

Featuring:
Snow Flurries- Wee Petites (DVP-004)
Let it snow- Fancy Sentiments (DVFS-001)

I am in love with the fancy sentiments right now. This one in particular, is B-I-G and I love how it fits just right in a regular A2 card but it will also work really well as a title for a scrapbook page. I love the lettering as well. So cool, don’t you think?

Because the fancy sentiment took up most of my card space, I decided to just add some little elements on the side so I don’t take away from the beauty of the die cut title. I added three snow flurries in my card working as my visual triangle. I also added to strips of washi tape to give my card some balance. 

 You Are Wonderful card
Size: 4 ¼ x 5 ½”

Featuring:
Wonderland- Express Edge (DVE-042)
Made with Love- Enhanced Spots (DVES-003)

In this card, I cut out the hearts from the “made with love” die, added them to the card then with a liquid pearl medium, created the smooth pearl like dots on the inside edges of the shape. I even added it as a corner accent to the bottom right side of my card.
*Note: I also used the EE die “wonderland” in this card but cut out the word “land” from the image to make the title match my card’s theme better.

 Snow Angel
Size: 4 ½ x 5 ½”

Featuring:
Snow Flurries- Wee Petites (DVP-004)
Snow Angel- Enhanced Spots (DVES-002)

I added some glitter to the “angel” image on the snow angel die. I actually made two cuts of that image, one in blue and another in white. I then cut out the white one (I usually use the white/back part of a pattern paper so I don’t have to waste any paper in my stash) and then ran in through my Xyron sticker machine with the sticky side adhering to the front of the image. After that I sprinkled some white glitter over it, tap the excess off and then adhered the glittered angel right above the blue one using foam adhesive.


I also used some itty bitty foam adhesive in the centers of the snow flake cuts to make them pop out better against the busy background and finished them off with some rhinestones. 

I hope these projects gave you some ideas on how to incorporate dies in your next crafty project. 

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: