Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Family stories...much needed recap

If I thought June was flying by way too fast, July is trying to change that. My family and I have been doing and going, and my camera was present during all those times. The good thing...many moments captured and will be ready to scrapbooking soon. The bad thing....there are so many,  that it's hard to post them on the blog. Here's my attempt to capture three events from June...

Craft camp was a blast! I had a great group of kids this year. I held it at a local church and we had plenty of room to spread out. I created themes for each day and the kids seemed to have enjoyed that. I had a good friend assist me through out the week and I couldn't have done it with out her. I also had some fantastic families. Everyone was so supportive of craft camp and the opportunities for discovery it brings to each participant. It took out a lot of my energy and brain power BUT at the end of the week, it's the hugs and smiles of the kids and family saying goodbye to me that made it all worth it. It hasn't even been a month and my mind is already starting to plan out next year's camp details. 

The last Friday of June, we attended the annual dinner and baseball game hosted by our local Realtor. It's the only time in the year that we watch our local Skysox team at Security Service Field. The kids enjoyed the game zone while Mitch chatted with his old friend Tracy. We usually stay for the whole game and watch the fireworks at the end of the game, but we were leaving bright and early for Utah the following day so we opted to make an early exit. 

My husband has a childhood friend and unfortunately we found out that his friend's mother lost her battle to cancer in early June. The funeral was set for the last Saturday of June. We debated if we should go with him to Utah for the services and at the end, we decided that it's best to come as a family and support our friends as a group. It was a very quick road trip leaving early Saturday and coming back late Sunday. We got to stay at my husband's Aunt's house in Mt. Pleasant. Our friend's mom was a big motorcyclist and her ashes were placed in a fancy wood box covered with his leather motorcycle jacket during the funeral services. They even had a motorcycle caravan from the funeral home to the family's home in Manti. After the funeral, we stopped by a local malt shop. It peeked my interest since you don't see malts being offered by restaurants that much anymore. They only had chocolate ice cream as a base for the malts and that affected the overall taste of our orders. It was still good though,just a bit messy! Before we left Manti, we stopped by the temple and took some photos. Next time, I'll like to actually go inside. 

So that's how we ended June. I hope to catch up on July's events sooner than later. 

Until then,have a great rest of the week. 

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: