Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Exploring Colorado with Friends

One of the things we've come to really appreciate are good friends. Since we don't have family living by us, we've come to rely a lot on friends. That's why we are so blessed to have met the S family. They live near us and have kids that are about the same age as ours. Here are some photos of our latest excursions with our dear friends. 

Miniature Golf
The kids participated in the reading program of our local library. For their first prize, they got some coupons to use at different establishments in the area. One of those coupons was a free 18-hole game of miniature golf. At first, my kids were just hitting the ball with their clubs as much as they want. I guess I forgot that they don't do golfing often and I had to remind them of the "rules" of the game. After constant reinforcement, they learned to share and wait for their turns. I was not prepared for the heat though and my kids were mad at me for not bringing waters.The kids learned their golf lessons while I learned to always be prepared!

Hike to Seven Bridges
We didn't have any plans for Fourth of July and so we were very excited when our friends invited us to go hiking. Mitch and the kids have been to this hike before but this was my first time. It was a fairly easy hike. There's no major hills and we were walking under the shade of trees so it wasn't too hot. The kids got wet in the river and they even tried some Yucca leaves. Our friends brought their dog and my kids just loved every minute of it. They tired the dog by playing catch with her. Fun stuff! 

What about you? What are your favorite activities with friends? 

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: