Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mitch's Graduation

"Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can- there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did."- Sarah Caldwell

And isn't that so true. I've been raised in a home where I was taught to never stop learning...never stop educating myself and I can never be more proud than to have a husband who feels the same way. There have been things thrown at us lately that we have not expected and one of those things resulted to my husband "retraining" himself in a field of work that he had no prior experience nor knowledge  in. And after 9 months of schooling, he finally graduated! 

Last Friday was the official graduation ceremony for PIMA Medical School and my husband was awarded a diploma for finishing their Medical Assistant course. And to top it off, he graduated with high honors and perfect attendance. 

Here are some photos we captured of this special event in our family...


Although we didn't have numerous members of our family in the audience like some graduates did, our little group of 3 was in full force supporting Mitch. 

I handed the camera to Marcus so I can be in the pictures too. 

Here they were as the graduates officially entered the hall...


and here's our "graduate" getting his well deserved recognition. Sorry about the poor quality. Video making/recording and me are still pretty new to each other...



and here he is as the graduates made their exits...

And of course we needed to "celebrate" after the event. So where did we go? Well we had to make a compromise with the kids and so we took them to McDonald's. Because the event was during dinner time and they waited so patiently and sat through the whole event we thought they deserved a reward too, so McD was the choice that night. Of course if you ask me, I'd pick a different restaurant. One with a waiter and maybe one that didn't offer toys with your meal but then again, sometimes you have to compromise!

So there you have it, another milestone in our family... documented! 

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: