Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, February 22, 2013

My Valentine's Day Surprise

Oh thankgoodness for Fridays! Don't you feel the same way? There's something about the idea of another week coming to a close and getting the weekend as a break from it all seems so inviting to me.
 
So last week we had Valentine's day. The day full of love, hearts and sweet treats. I was so busy that day attending classroom parties of the kids, going to class that night and being invited to the best ladies brunch ever. It was fun but I felt like I was constantly looking at my watch to make sure I'm not super late to my next appointment or agenda on the list.
 
Because my day was packed, I didn't even make an effort to make anything for my hubby. After 10 years of marriage, I felt like Valentine's day was just another day and we can show our love for each other any other day. After all there was that other 364 days in a year that we can do that.
 
I felt so bad when he came home from his externship bringing me these....
Yes my not so spontaneous and not quite romantic of a husband brought home a dozen roses, some See's candies and a card. All for me! It was definitely a surprise. I was ashamed that he even got me a card and I didn't even rummaged through my piles of handmade cards in my scrapbook room to reciprocate the sweet gesture. What a lame wife I have become. :(
 



the card was super cute. It started off as a regular sized card and the sentiment goes on and on while you unfold the paper ending up with this huge sentiment. Very cute. I definitely give him 10 extra points for it.
 
So there you have it. Through this year's Valentine's day surprise, I have learned two things...never underestimate the ability of a non-romantic husband to surprise you with lovely and sweet things on this special heart's day and even after some years of marriage....Valentine's day is never over-rated.
 
Now off to plan my comeback for our anniversary in May. *wink*
 
Have a great weekend.
 
till next time,
Grace


 

2 comments:

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

Beautiful flowers! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Perfectly written! Click on Www.Tinnitus411.com
My page :: Click on Www.Tinnitus411.com