Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, November 15, 2012

A new part of our routine

My kids L-O-V-E books. We go to the library once a week and the kids fill up their library bags with new titles every time. Lately it's been hard for us to read together other than our scriptures. With both parents working hard with school and work, it's hard to carve the time to read to the kids. Since school started, I've just been overseeing their reading time.
 
Anyways, a couple of weeks back, Maddie was requesting some 'storytime'. I used to do this with them when they were little, right after they had put their jammies on. So Mitch said that if they are willing to give up 30 minutes before bedtime for reading, we will schedule it then (they usally spend this infront of the TV to unwind). At first, Maddie was the only one interested but later on Marcus got into the new routine as well. Mitch and I would switch off with who's reading to the kids since some nights I have church activities or school to attend to.
 
This particular night, I came home from a young woman activity and I found my family doing this....

They were reading Marcus' latest "Captain Underpants" book (which by the way I have to say is pretty hilarious) and all was very enthralled with the story.

I love our new routine and the discoveries the whole family is getting with reading books together. This definitely enhanes our lives and as you can see, even in our busy schedules we try our best to carve the time to bring stories to life with our children.

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Captain Underpants is definitely a hit with the medium sized boy crowd :) Love seeing kids choosing books over tv and well done to you both for organizing it as a family routine.