Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tacos...Mitch's version

In my home, I do all the cooking. It's been one of the "homemaker" aspects that I've enjoyed. Recently we harvested a gigantic cabbage from our garden and we were tyring to figure out what kind of dishes we can use it for. Mitch suggested that we make his mom's beef tacos with cabbage. I thought it was a great idea as we have not had that in forever but I don't remember the procedure so I gave the task of making this dish to him. He took the job on and I have to say....maybe I should make him cook more around here. *wink*
 
Beef Tacos with Cabbage and Beans
Ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger meat
1 can (10 0z) Pork and Beans
Corn Tortilla
A pack of taco seasoning
Oil for frying
Shredded cabbage (about 1 1/2 cups)

Direction:
1. Brown the hamburger meat, drain the fat and add some taco seasoning. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes and then add the pork and beans.
2. Heat up oil and fry one side of the corn tortillas. Turn it on the other side and place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side, fold the tortilla and fry for about 1 minute more. Place the cooked taco on a plate laid with a paper towel.
3. Repeat step 2 until you've used up all of your meat mixture.
4. Serve with your favorite salsa and the shredded cabbage.

 and here's the proud chef in action...




for this specific dinner, I served it with green salad and a green smoothie. We have some spinach and I tossed it with strawberries in the blender
I have to say that the frying technique is not a healthy option but Mitch and I have talked about it and we will try to heat up the tortilla on a non stick pan without oil next time to see if eliminating the oil would change the taste.

If you try it, please let me know how it turned out for you. :)

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: