Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Layouts lately

It is midweek. How is yours turning out? As for me, I'm a bit busy this week getting all the details ironed out for a Kid's Craft Camp I'm holding next week. I'm excited to share my love for crafting to some young friends. I'll update you on it next week.

today I want to share some layouts I did recently. Lately I've been feeling the urge to "get caught up" and been whipping layouts more than I've done in the past months. I love these short but productive urges. They get me to accomplish just enough so that I won't be too overwhelmed for the next couple of months. aaahhh, the beauty of memory preservation! There's no right or wrong way to do it and you create at your own pace. I love my job!!! 

10 years
About three weeks ago, I participated in a sketch challenge at the 2peas website and I made this. The fun part...I won the challenge and got a gift certificate to the store. Woohooo!
I used the 10 squares on the left to encompass what each year represents in the past 10 years of me and hubby's marriage. I had a blast making this page and incorporating so many products to create my "yearly" boxes.

 Cabrillo Beach
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION
this page was made with the Paper Bakery June Add On Kit. I also made with for the latest challenge we are doing at the blog, it is to make your own handmade embellishment. I have a tutorial for it and you can see it here.

 My Son
This one was made just for me. Love those kinds of projects. :)
Anyways, I had some This &That papers from Echo park that's been sitting on my table for over a month now and I had been wanting to find the perfect theme/project to use them with and these photos of my son (from three years ago) wearing his uncle's fedora hat was the perfect ones to use it with.

I love the vintage-y feel of the papers and with a combo of b&w and colored photos, it blended really well.

So that's it for me today. I hope these layouts inspired you to preserve some of those special memories for you family today in a scrapbook page.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

great layouts!!! really beautiful!

Allison said...

Wow! Marcus is starting to look so much like your brothers! I guess I didn't know your brothers when they were little...he's so big and handsome! FUN! :)