Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Mantra

It is Wednesday and I'm glad that this week is halfway through. Not that the "to-do" list is any shorter today than on Monday but still the thought that I'm only a couple of days to the weekend is bringing smile to my face.

Today's post is about what I want to pattern my life to in 2012. If you've followed my blog for a while, you know that every year I have a mantra that I choose to live my life by. See this post for the previous years mantras.

I also like to put them in a frame that I place in my scrapbook room. If you don't know what a mantra is, it was defined in an old Creating Keepsakes article as.."your purpose statement- the underlying premise that drives you why you scrapbook".  At the underlying statement or drive I want my life to be that year.

Last year, I think I was pretty successful in fulfilling my vision which is to be proactive. I really went out of my comfort zone and I saw the rewards. In December, I started thinking about what I want to accomplish this year and then this quote from pinterest kept on ringin in my ear....

So I decided to go with that. I just went on a hike today and I noticed that I don't like to be surprised anymore. I want to know where I'm going and when I'm going to reach it. That's why this goal/mantra/vision is PERFECT for me this year. I believe I need to take more chances in life, have more courage to reach my dreams and to pursue my ambitions and more importantly to "let go" of expectations especially the ones I harshly put on myself. After all, I don't know what the Lord has instore for me and I can't reach that if I'm too rigid in my actions. This also means I need to have more faith. Wow that's a lot of things in just one quote!

Making the frame this year was super easy too since I have the quote already saved and all I had to do was print it out in cardstock. I also added a butterfly there to emphasize the need to "fly" and take chances.

what about you? what is your word/phrase/mantra that you are striving for this year?

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: