Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, October 20, 2011

Flower Power

About two weeks ago I applied for the Heartfelt Creations DT call. I was so honored when they picked me to be a part of their "semi finalist" and I recieved some products from them to play with. I had send in my projects for the final round and I'm crossing my fingers that they'll pick me. We will see.

I liked the products so much that after I made my projects for the final round, I played a bit more with the stamps and die cut shapes and here's the results....

Think Spring

Now I know we are in the middle of fall but I can't help but make Spring-themed cards with the beautiful flower dies and stamps I had recieved. In this card, I used the die cut flower set to make my layered flower which is the focal point of the card.I ran it through my Cuttlebug to add the swirl embossing effect and inked the edges to define the petals better.

Spring Fever

In this card, I combined the die cut flowers with the Posy Patch flower stamp. It's pretty cool how you can have the perfect shape of the flower PLUS great definitions in it provided by the stamps. I curled the edges of each flower to give the petals more dimension.

Spring has Sprung

I LOVE this bucket with flowers stamp! It's so gorgeous and with a few stamp markers I can customize the colors anyway I want/need. It takes a bit of time to put this card together but I love how coloring the flowers took me back to Elementary art days. So fun!

So that's it. Thanks for stopping by and make sure you check out Heartfelt Creations here.

Till next time,
Grace

2 comments:

Prazdance said...

Hope you win, Grace! Fingers crossed! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely designs Grace!! Best of luck! They would be SILLY not to pick you. My fingers are also crossed :)