Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A sewing project.....camera strap

hello, hello.

So last week, I was feeling very crafty. I wanted to make all sorts of projects that hopefully I can take photos of and share here soon. It's funny how when Winter hits, I get into this hibernation mode and all I want to do is go through my craft stuff. Not my scrapbook stuff, but my other craft supplies.

I'm not sure if it's a sign that I need to take a break from paper or maybe I'm just needing some kind of other inspiration to get my creative juices flowing. Whatever it was, it was definitely happening last week.

Anyways, so as I was saying, one of the things that I wanted to do (for the longest time) was to make my own camera strap. I've seen cute ones before and have even contemplated in purchasing one at etsy. But then, I thought to myself, I have a sewing machine and some fabric in my stash, why don't I make my own and save a few bucks?

So off I went online and googled tutorials for making your own camera strap. The internet has come along way in the last 10 years and I knew that there is a tutorial that's bound to have been posted somewhere in the web, and sure enough there was. I found this one which I thought was pretty good.

On Friday night, while tending to sick kids, I washed my untouched fabrics, ironed them and picked two coordinating prints that I wanted to use and here's the result...


My fabrics was from my stash of quarter cuts so it wasn't long enough. I had to add a piece of solid fabric on the end which I used to add a cute "homemade" embellishment.




In the tutorial, she said to use one solid and one printed fabric, but I decided to use two printed fabrics so I can make the strap interchangeable.


I love my strap. The only thing I'll do next time is that I'll make it longer. Because this is my first attempt in making such a project, I followed the tutorial to the T so I won't make a mistake but I like my strap longer so I'd have to make my own measurements next time.

So that's it for me today. I hope you can dive into those untouched craft supplies and make something fun today.

till next time,
Grace

No comments: