Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Place Cards

We are only two more days before Thanksgiving and three more before the much anticipated and super hyped up Black Friday. What are you gonna do? Will you be waking up super early (or not sleep at all) and bear all the lines and crowd to get a great deal? Well I've done that before, three consecutive years I might add, but this year I don't feel up to shopping. I think I'm going to sleep in and maybe go to the park, I'm sure everyone's at the mall that day!

Anyways, backing up a little, I'd like to share an idea that can be used for Thanksgiving. This is my extra project for Crazy Daisy kit...

Thanksgiving Place cards


So for this month's extra project, I went with something that might easily be used for this year's Thanksgiving dinner.....place cards. We know we need them, especially when you have a big group for dinner and what better way to use up all the fun and perfectly themed products from the main kit!
I used white cardstock as my base and settled in with a basic, simple design. I had fun hadcutting the leaves and flowers from the WeRMemory Keepers paper and using them as my embellishments here. I used some small white letter stickers from my stash to make the names, but I'm sure you can easily use the stickers from the kit for this project. My suggestion would be to use it as a monogram instead since it's pretty big sized letters.


The size of my place cards are 3" squares but you can have yours smaller or bigger, whichever would work for you and your table setting.


I'm also thinking since the place cards were created to be a little notecard (so it can stand on top of the plate) I can use them later on as thank you notes to my guests.
So try it for this year's gathering, you can even have your kids help you out with this. Let them write or stick the names of the guests. It'll be fun!

So that's it. Make sure you check out the kit here.
Advance Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: