Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, September 12, 2010

September Crazy Daisy share....

There are so many things we have or do on a regular basis that somehow we take for granted and then when we stop having or doing them, then we get this sad, missing feeling inside of us. Are you still with me?

Well I'm talking about my monthly kit from Crazy Daisy. I was super bummed when I was not able to play along during the month of August because of the craziness around here so when September came, I was literally stalking my mail box everyday till my kit arrived. And to my joy it did arrive and you bet I was hard at work at it ever since. Here's my pages with the lovely and aptly school themed September kit..

Preschool


A block design here. I'm digging this style because I can place my pictures first and then just fill the empty spaces.


To break the square feel, I tilted that patter paper strips on the right hand side.


Lots of layering here again with the title against the 4 playing card, the border stickers and papers on top of the journaling block, the flower on top of the jillibean soup circle block and the butterfly with stickers collection.

Homemade Pie
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

This was a fun one. I knew I wanted to incorporate the banner paper since that is a trend right now so I cut them out and covered the letters part with my title.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

Before I adhered the pattern paper onto that black paper background, I cut out some part of it (the one that will be covered by another paper) so I can use some of the birdhouse images on the back of that black paper. Here I cut them out and adhered three with one added with dimensional adhesive. The houses reinforced the "homemade" theme of the page.
I also loved the sticker "handmade by" which was the PERFECT addition to the cluster of embellishments here.
I cut out a butterfly chipboard from the border, added color to it with glimmer mist and topped off with a button.

Happy As Can Be
PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

This is my 2 page spread for the month. I used another block design on this one and I was happy that the shaped pattern paper broke some of the blockiness of the page.
I was trying hard to use those great GCD Studios blocks and I was happy that I was able to use one in this layout. The title summed up my son's feelings for his birthday.
Since this was his 6th birthday, I added the 6 playing card and the 6 sticker on the star for reinforcement of the theme.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

I created some texture and shape with the strips of paper by using some border punch on one and handfolding the other to create the creased look.
Again more layering here and creating cluster of embellishments.

PULLED OUT FOR PUBLICATION

I used the tabs that came in the Jillibean soup sticker sheet and recorded whom the gifts came from.

Animal Show

I'm into block design lately and this layout shows that. I think it makes it easy to create a clean simple design with it. Anyways I added my pictures first, then on the black spots, I added papers, journaling block and title.




The journaling block had a sun with a number 2 on there. I really didn't need that 2 in my layout so I covered it with journaling block and then more stickers.

1st day of 1st grade


This is the first page I made with the kit. I wanted to mat that notebook paper onto brown cardstock to make it stand out more. I cut out the report card paper to create an uneven border with it. I also used the typed paper from Crate Paper as part of my border and tore the top end of it for added interest.


I loved layering all the stickers that was in the kit. There were so much to choose from. And to make them stand out a little against the background I adhered them with dimensional adhesive.
I wanted something large for part of my title so I cut out some words from one of the Crate Paper pattern papers. To make it stand out more I also adhered them onto one of the Jillibean soup journaling block.



So there you have it. Make sure you check out the kit and design team gallery for more eye candy.

Till next time,
Grace