Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Monday, August 30, 2010

Three things on my mind right now...

Sorry for the previous sad post. I know it's not the type to hear from a place like this but I thought I'd share. Maybe some one out there needed that little reality check like I did.

Anyways.... my goal for this coming weeks is to stay busy. Think of things other than the house or the move because clearly that's not happening anytime soon. So with that being said, I'm shifting my mind and start thinking of "happy thoughts".

Today there's three things that is making me happy and they are...

1. Baker's Twine

I know I'm not the only one that has seen the big "rage" for this in the papercrafting world. Just ordered some from Etsy. Gosh I love that place.

2. Happiness in the wind (Korean soap opera)

Before you laugh out loud and totally discredit everything I've said in this blog....hear me first. A few weeks ago I was thumbing through the TV channels. I came across this and got stopped dead in my tracks because it had English subtitles. I watched until it was over. Then I made a mental note on what channel it was and what time it was showing. And then the next day I watched it again, and then the next, and then the next. And before you know it, I was planning my nightly routines around this show. How crazy was that!?
I'm not sure if you guys know this about me, but I'm fascinated about other cultures. I'm very engaged at conversations where people describe how life is like in other parts of the world. Being that I grew up overseas (Philippines) and then eventually "Americanized", how people behave/eat/sleep/think and do their daily tasks around the world really intrigues me. So with that being said that's why I was hooked on this show. Not only did it have a good story line but it also gave me a glimpse on how conservative South Koreans are. Although they are very hip and up to date with technology and fashion, this show and it's characters are not vulgar, they're very true to the family ties and respect for elders and there's no sexual innuendos. I mean the husband and wife kiss on the cheek or the forehead, how sweet is that!!!

I know this totally drove my character meter to "totally dorky" but what the heck, I want everyone to know that I'm dorky that way. *wink*

and third...

daydreaming and wishing for this (photo courtesy of Pottery Barn). Oh how I've missed having my scrapbook space. I'm getting tired of working on the floor, or on a small TV dinner table. But alas, I can only dream right now.

So there you have it, three things on my mind.

What's on your mind?

Till next time,
Grace

1 comment:

Hannie C said...

I love to watch Korean series too, and it always got a bit of wit and humor in the show which I love.